- Be patient when looking for and watching wildlife. Be aware that the NatGeo and Attenborough wildlife documentaries were put together over some years and not a few days.
- *Remember to pause to listen and to use your sense of smell. All your senses will come alive if you are aware of them.
- *When asking questions, you will gain more and delight your guide if you listen to the answers.
- *Take joy in the smaller details, the animal tracks, the birds and the interesting landscape and vegetation. It is often when stopping to view something small that a sighting of big game unfolds.
- *Try to be unafraid of the odd insect or other creepy crawlies. While these creatures might frighten or repulse you, essentially, they have no interest in you. You are not on their menu, only in their space.
“’Nothing but breathing the air of Africa, and actually walking through it, can communicate the indescribable sensations.”